When it comes to diaper bags, I think they serve a great purpose and make sure that all the items, which your child need, are at one place. A great diaper bag comprises of different sections and pockets to store diapers and things like water bottle, bibs, food items and much more. Rather than merely an accessory, it should be a part of your style statement too and go well with what you wear. Choosing stylish and best diaper bags can become a cumbersome task especially when you have a lot of options. This was the primary reason I created this site on diaper bag reviews to help other moms like me who are looking out for simple solutions to their day to day problems.
Following is a list of the 3 top rated diaper bags of 2016 that I feel are best ones available in the market:
Top 3 Diaper Bags – My Recommendations
|Skip Hop Duo Essential||Unisex||Messenger||4.2 x 13.8 x 13 "||1 lb||$|
|Diaper Dude||Unisex||Messenger||16 x 4 x 14 "||1.6 lbs||$|
|Skip Hop Studio||Moms||Tote||16.5 x 5.5 x 12.8 "||1.6 lbs||$$|
Reviews of Top 3 Diaper Bags
Skip Hop Duo Essential Diaper Bag Review
I used to have the perception that good baby bags for diapers never exist. This however did not take long before a came across Skip Hop Duo Essential diapers bag. This happens to be one of the mostly trending bags in the market currently and one that suited my specifications to the latter. I actually was impressed greatly with the kind of features that this bag has. It has all traits that make the task of every mother completely easy.
The first thing that made me really love this particular bag is the design it has. It is made in a modern way to suit mothers of today. It also has best features that complement its purpose. In other words, it is absolutely convenient to use this bag. The interesting part is that you can use it for both infants and grown babies. This is because it can accommodate both diapers and clothes for the baby. I actually intend to keep this bag for the use of my baby even when he grows up. I am certainly sure that it will serve me for the
Here are things you will like about Skip Duo Essential diapers bag:
- Variety Of Colors- If you are the kind of parent who is design and color conscious, then feature can serve you best. I personally fall in the category of color lovers. In fact, I love bright colors and ones that complement the beauty of your baby. I came to realize that Skip Hop Duo Essential diaper bag offers parent the opportunity to select different colors. Mine is red and I really love it.
- Large Exterior Pockets- To ensure that parents have enough space to store their personal effects and that of the baby, this bag comes with large exterior pockets. The pockets are designed in a manner that several large stuffs can fit in without any form of inconveniences.
- Stroller Straps- I certainly like the fact that this bag comes with a set of stroller straps. The manufacturer of the bag understands that you will at times require moving around with a baby stroller. In this regard, the bag comes with straps to ensure that you keep your baby safe all along.
Style & Comfort
I can boldly confirm that this particular diaper bag is completely comfortable for any parent. It is designed in such a way that you can carry it for a long time without getting tied at all. In fact, some parents never realize that they are carrying a bag.
To begin with, this baby diaper bag comes with a long and padded shoulder strap. This is the core feature behind the comfort that comes with the bag. With the padded strap, you can withstand any weight in the bag without any form of discomfort.
I fell in love with the textile material that is used to make this bag from the beginning. The material is so thick and strong. It can be easily maintained without any worry of ruining the bag. I actually wash the bag often and it dries up before I even know it. This is certainly what I have been looking for all this while.
Additionally, the material used to make this bag is very strong hence can last for a remarkably long time without wear or tear. This makes me feel great since I will not buy a new diaper bag any time soon.
One thing that I can assure parents is that this bag is never a headache to take care of. This is because it is made using the best material to ease the hustle of washing it. I actually use cloth brush to wash this bag and I can certainly confirm that the exercise is absolute fun.
Just like your cotton or linen fabrics, this bag does not require much effort in cleaning. I would certainly give this bag 5 star for bearing the best material.
Out of the many diaper bags I have used in the past, this stands in the category of the best. I have actually used this bag for a considerably long time and I can proudly confirm that it is the best. The features that come along with this bag are an advocating factor of how great this bag is.
If asked, I can buy this bag over and over again until my baby turns into a man. It is no doubt that the manufacturer of the bag understands the parents’ necessities. I proudly give this particular bag a 5 star rating since it is worth the deal.
Diaper Dude Diaper Bag Review
Are you looking for the best baby shower or father’s day gift? Well, there are several diaper bags in the market today, but you only deserve the best considering the person on the receiving end. Most of us tend to face a daunting process while selecting the best baby shower bags in the market, more so due to lack of information concerning the available brands. I was once a victim of counterfeit products until I decided to put more effort on my market research. My wife and I came across a 5 star diaper dude diaper bag with a couple of reasons why anyone should try it as well.
The diaper Dude Diaper bag is a unisex bag designed for both hip dads and moms. It actually features a design that dads won’t shy away from. It comes with an “across the chest’” design with a durable adjustable strap for best services now and in the long run. I bought the bag 6 months ago and I am still using it since it’s still presentable with large compartments.
Every rational being would go for the best product provided it meets his/her requirements. Here are some of the key features that made the bag irresistible for me.
- It is made of durable polyester material which makes it to last for a considerably long time without a poor impression.
- The bag has two yet large elasticized slots at the back where you can carry some of your things that did not fit inside the bag.
- It has built-in stroller straps which makes it more convenient to carry.
- It has an ergonomic ‘across the chest’ design with padded shoulder strap that makes it more comfy for your shoulders when carrying.
- It contains three exterior zip closed pockets where you can keep wipes, food, bibs and much more.
- It is 17 inches wide 4.5 inches deep and 14 inches tall enabling you to carry a considerable amount of whatever you want.
- It also contains an insulated bottle holder and a padded changing pad.
Style & Comfort
Despite being unisex, it is a perfect 5 star messenger bag designed for the dad both in style and for comfort purposes. Since I wanted a bigger bag for carrying my things and those of the baby, I found this particular brand to be more than enough. It has a lot of pockets where some are zipped while others are just open. The padded straps saves your shoulders from any harm after carrying the bag the whole day. The insulated bottle holder is set in a place where I could reach the bottle of water within a short notice. Additionally, the mesh padding makes it more comfortable for long wear without any complaints.
I was looking for a durable bag and I got exactly that. The stylish 5 star diaper dude diaper bag is made of durable polyester fabric material and for the last 6 months I have been using it hence confirming its effectiveness. The material is stain resistant and repels water so you can easily walk in the rain without necessarily having to worry about your diapers inside. While some materials will depreciate in terms of value and appearance, the durable fabric material can stay for a long time without being used and still retain its quality.
At first I was not sure on the best way to store and take care of the bag, but with time I learnt the best method is hanging it after use keeping crises at bay. All you need is to wash it and wait for it to dry, but only when there is need to. Apart from submerging the whole bag in water, spot cleaning is commonly recommended. To increase its lifespan, consider carrying only the recommended weight of 1.6 pounds without exceeding whatsoever. Also ensure you only carry essentials that will fit the bag’s volume without overloading it. Proper and effective care increases its lifespan hence maintaining its 5 star rating and quality.
With the above crack down, its indisputable that diaper dude diaper bag is a 5 star bag that can be used by both moms and dads. Due to the large number of pockets, even men without children can use it for different purposes. I can recommend the bag to anyone with or without children, both men and women who would wish to have a durable and comfy bag.
Skip Hop Studio Diaper Bag Review
With the Skip Hop Studio Diaper Tote Bag, you can go from a play date to a date night without bothering to go home for a change. It is stylish and fashionable enough for you to pair with a black dress, while remaining practical enough for you to ensure that you are well stocked for a day playing with you baby in the great outdoors.
The insulated side pockets will hold your baby’s sippy cups, food and bottles, while the 12 extra pockets can be used to store personal items such as keys, wallets and phones dry, secure and within easy reach.
Additionally, the Skip Hop Studio Diaper Tote Bag comes with adjustable stroller straps that you can conveniently and neatly use to attach it to the handlebars of just about any kind of stroller you can think of. To learn more about the many advantages of this affordable diaper bag, please read on:
Some of the key features of the Skip Hop Studio Diaper Tote Bag include:
- It has 14 pockets and a zip- top closure
- 2 roomy and insulated side pockets for keeping bottles warm or cold
- Comes with a quilted and cushioned changing pad
- It is water- resistant, inside and out
- The snap- down front pocket can be used to store a bib or blanket underneath
- Has nickel feet to keep this bebe off the ground and scuff- free
- It can be worn over the shoulder or hanged neatly on a stroller
- The contrasting lining will make it easy for you to locate any of the bag’s contents
Style & Comfort
With the Skip Hop Studio Diaper Tote Bag, you can do just about anything you want to do. It has been designed to look stylish while remaining functional and comfortable. For the multitasking mommies out there, then this bag is an absolute steal. It is so stylish that you can pair it with a formal dress, and practical to ensure that you and little baby are stocked for a long day out.
The bag also comes with straps which you can hook to your pram/ stroller when you get tired of carrying it everything. The short straps are located inside the purse and can be removed any time you want to clip the bag to a stroller. The process is easy and quick and the hardware is quite sturdy but looks sleek.
The Skip Hop Studio Diaper Tote Bag is manufactured using polyester. It comes with an insulated bottle storage to keep your warm liquids warm and the cold ones cold. It also has a number of zips, including the zip at the top. These zips are sturdy and can withstand repeated use without flinching or coming off the edges.
The foldable changing pad is made of a softer nylon that is soft to the touch. You baby should feel very comfortable on this pad. Additionally, the large exterior pocket has a magnetic closure to ensure that your magazines, coloring books and other valuables do not fall out. Also, the medium pocket at the back has an antimicrobial lining to keep away any bad bugs and germs.
The Skip Hop Studio Diaper Tote Bag is water resistant, inside and out. Therefore, you should not worry about spills getting in or out of the back. It also has nickel feet that will keep the bag off the ground to ensure it remains scuff- free for a long time.
The finish of the bag was designed for careful use. To keep this particular tote diaper bag from Skip Hop clean, consider using a wet towel to wipe down the bits of dirt that may occasionally find their way into or onto your beautiful and stylish Skip Hop Studio Diaper Tote Bag.
Overall, the Skip Hop Studio Diaper Tote Bag is a great diaper bag at a friendly price. It is well constructed and comes with the basic essentials you may be looking for in a diaper bag that can also be used as a fashionable accessory in case you need to go out immediately after you have had a play date with your baby. It has a strong constitution, sturdy finishes, a beautiful and stylish color and a variety of compartments wherein you can store just about everything you and the baby need when you are not close to the conveniences at home.
How to Choose Diaper Bags?
I have always been fascinated with fashion accessories all my life. Even after becoming a mom, I have always been very particular about what I wear and what I carry along with me. I must also tell you that I own 6 diaper bags (Yes 6!) so you can be really sure about the advice that I give you on my site.
I believe that a diaper bag is very essential whenever you are going out with your children and you cannot just take one diaper bag everywhere. I mean, come on, they have to match with your clothes as well. Moreover, each diaper bag is made for different outdoor places.
Since it can be quite tough for a woman to choose a diaper bag because all the bags look really nice and worth buying, I created a specific list of things which you should look at while choosing the best diaper bags for yourself. This inspired me to make a guide which I am sharing below:
A diaper bag can not only be used for keeping just the diapers but it can also be helpful in keeping the things which you baby needs in regular intervals of time. Some of the most essential things like a water bottle, a bottle of milk and some food to munch can be easily stored in a diaper bag for which there are different pockets or sections provided inside the bag. A diaper bag not only keeps all the things at one place but also doesn’t let things mix with each other due to the way it is designed.
It also comes in various designs and colors in order to match with your style statement and at the same time makes sure that you have all your children’s essentials at one place.
There is nothing that fascinates me apart from style. The wonderful bags, the belts, the amazing accessories along with them take me to a dream world where I start imagining how I would look with all this stuff in my hand.
A diaper bag surely needs to be stylish in order to go with the kind of clothes you are wearing and the kind of places you are going to. If you think that you will not be carrying a diaper bad with you and it would only remain in your car, then you might go for a simple bag.
If your purpose is to carry a diaper bag to a shopping mall or to a park where you are going with your kids for a walk, then style is very important; girl.
Also, choosing a stylish bag is a must when you have to visit a friend’s house or go to a party or a dinner where you are accompanied with your children because such a bag will not only help you keep their diapers in but will also help you to store some food for them and some small toys which can keep them busy when they start crying.
You can also go for some cute baby diaper bags which look really nice and your child also loves them.
Quality is one of the things which are of utmost importance when it comes to buying a diaper bag.
I have always focused on quality as an imperative factor while buying anything related to fashion and accessories. I also know the fact that high quality stuff lasts really long but at times, when I am on a tight budget, I have compromised on quality, for which, at a later stage, I have repented as well. So in my opinion, quality takes you really far.
You should always choose a bag which is made up of high quality material, both from inside and outside, and has a warranty. Most of the diaper bags for babies come with a warranty and a quality mark but there are some brands that do not provide that as well. If you get confused about a brand that doesn’t provide you with warranty, you must read the user reviews about their products and then take your decision.
Also, it would be wise to examine the bag from inside as well as outside and also take a look at its straps to make sure that they are strong and durable. Since you would want to keep your children’s stuff in them, you should also make sure that the bag is easy to clean and the stuff put inside it will remain hygienic.
Ever heard of this saying “A spacious bag saves the day”? It is certainly a wonderful saying because it always useful for women to have some extra space in their bags.
Since you are going out with your children, it is very essential to have some space which can be used during the time of a special need. For example, if you want to carry some extra food or some extra clothing for your little ones, they can easily fit into a diaper bag with a lot of space.
On the other hand, if you buy a diaper bag just to keep your children’s diapers and nothing else, it might land you in trouble some time. So my idea is to have a little extra space always because you never know what comes up when especially when you are away from your home. It might also be a good point to bring up here that children do need to be fed something or have drink water at regular intervals, a good and spacious diaper bag comes really handy at that point because in its outer pockets, you can keep a small water bottle or some snack for your kids to munch on while you are on the move. It is both handy and useful at the same time and children would also not disturb you in that case.
A brilliant solution to the space would be a bag that offers a convertible kind of a space to you. For example, the Skip Hop Versa bag offers you space when you need it. It features some extra space which opens up when you open the center zip of the bag and makes the bag 20% larger. What more could you ask for? If you don’t need that space, just close the zip and the bag becomes smaller once again. And yes, you guessed it right; it is certainly one of the bags that I own.
Along with the style, comfort is also one of the points to consider while reading diaper bag reviews and then making your mind to buy the best ones for yourself.
The way it is carried, in hand or on the shoulder, should make a lot of significance in your decision to buy. Generally, most of the diaper bags are made for both hand carry as well as shoulder carry positions but some of them are specifically made for one of the two positions (remember, style plays an important role here). So, it is completely up to you to choose the kind of diaper bag that will suit your needs of comfort and style. Having a bag which is good for carrying in both the positions is ideal in this case as I have 4 out of the 6 bags which can be carried in either of the positions I like.
Another important point to consider in the comfort factor would be to make sure that handle of the bag, from where you would carry it or put it on your shoulders, are soft and not hard. These are really important because they will help increase your comfort level when you are holding the bag in your hands or carrying it on to your shoulder.
If you wear a dress which exposes your shoulders, my advice would be to carry the bag in your hands because a diaper bag might leave a temporary rash on your shoulder if you carry it for a longer time on it.
A diaper bag should be very easy to use. Firstly look for a bag which is easy to open and close. Do not go for the one which has fancy opening and closing systems like latch with buckles. Magnets and zippers are better.
The bag with multiple compartments is better. Different pockets for different products make it easy to find what you need. Keeping everything in one big compartment is not a good idea as it is very difficult to find baby items from it. Once you start using a bag, you know where a diaper is, where the baby bottle is. You can dedicate one compartment to yourself if you are not using your handbag. In fact, keeping house keys, car keys, wallet and sunglasses etc. in the diaper bag is great.
Diaper bags do get dirty like other products and need timely cleaning. Hence, cleaning a diaper bag should not be a tedious and time consuming task. Look for the material which can easily be wiped. Machine washable bags generally lose their sheen over time and become fragile after couple of washes.
Price is one of the last factors that I consider in buying such bags because they are a thing to keep for lifetime. Since the bags are really durable, I do not mind spending some extra cash on them if I get the bag of my choice. Pricing wise, these bags are not so expensive I would say but they surely come very handy when you are with your kids.
I also feel that a diaper bag in the range of $50 to $150 can be a good buy for everyone. You can also look for diaper bags which are under $50 if you are planning to buy more than one. I personally do not have any diaper bag under $50 and over $200. This is not because of the fact that I don’t like diaper bags over $200 but because of the fact that when I am planning to spend $200 on such bags, I might as well buy 2 $100 bags instead of just buying one. Smart!
Another good way to save money on such bags is to buy them during a sale or during a festival season when you get some of the greatest discounts on them. If I have a big shopping list a couple of months before Christmas, I generally wait for the sale time during Christmas and keep growing my list till then. Christmas is an amazing time to buy things at great discounts. If you are not planning to buy these bags around that time, the start of winters and summers also offer some great deals which are not meant to be missed at any cost.
With this little guide, I am sure you will be able to buy the top diaper bags which suit your budget as well as enhance your style and comfort at the same time.
Types of Diaper Bags
Diaper bags come in wide range of styles and varieties. These are categorized in broadly 3 types which are:
Most Popular Diaper Bags by Category
For your ease of use, I have chosen the most popular ones by their category. It will help you take a quick look at the best. Here are the following:
Diaper Bag Checklist
If you are wondering what to pack in a diaper bag, think no more. I have got a complete diaper bag essentials guide for you that will not only help you pack the most important things for your diaper bags but will also help you take along some of the things which you might need when you are stuck in a tricky situation.
- Baby Diapers – You must carry the number of diapers depending upon the time you are going out for. You might also want to carry some extra diapers in case you think you will need some more time outside your home.
- Diaper Changing Pad – You have an option to choose a disposable or a permanent soft changing pad which will help you to place your kid comfortably while you are changing the diapers. Most of the diaper bags come with disposable changing pads which can be thrown after use. If you do not want to use the changing pads, you can carry a soft towel which can be used for the kid.
- Wipes & Tissues – Wipes and tissues can be really helpful when you have dirty hands or want to wipe off the kids or yourself in case the child spills something. Also, they are really a necessity when you are done with changing diapers.
- Plastic Bags – The main use of the plastic bags is to store soiled diapers as well as wet or dirty clothes. They might also be used for storing the blankets and other necessary items if need be. You can use disposable or biodegradable bags if you want.
- Milk Bottle & Water Bottle – If you are bottle feeding your baby, milk bottle or bottle of formula might be a good thing to carry in your bag. Also, for a little grown up babies, you might want to carry a bottle of water because they might need it after every 1-2 hours.
- Extra Clothes for Baby – It is always a good practice to carry an extra pair of clothes for the baby in case he makes the existing ones dirty or spills something on them. The extra clothes though, are needed if you are going out for a long time.
- Food Items – For a little grown up babies, something to munch on is really necessary. It would, hence, make sense to carry some snacks or some food items depending upon what the baby likes and the time you are going out.
- Rash Cream & Sunscreen – To prevent the baby from diaper rashes, a diaper rash cream is a must to put in your bag. You can choose a very small tube (like a sample size) to put in the bag which will not take a lot of space. If you are planning to go out in the sun with your child, keeping a sunscreen and a hat would ensure that the baby is not getting uncomfortable under the sun.
- Small Blanket – During the time of winters or chilly nights, a blanket is an item which will keep your child warm and help him sleep well staying protected from the outside chill. For this, you will need a large diaper bag but you might choose a very small blanket to carry along if you don’t have a large bag.
- Toys – Having at least one toy for your child really helps them to laugh when they are crying or at least stay busy in playing with it while you attend to your important activities. If you have more space, you can carry two to three toys which will keep your child busy and entertained.
- Pacifiers (if you use) – Pacifier, or some other item of comfort if your child uses them, should surely be one of the items in your diaper bag checklist. This is of utmost importance as your child might need it anytime.
- Extra Clothes for You – You might also want to keep a pair of extra clothes (or at least a top) for yourself just in case the clothes you are wearing get dirty or your child spills something on them. There are times at which my clothes have been spoiled while changing the diapers of my children. So this is a common thing to keep if you are going for a long time outdoors.
- Hand Sanitizer – A hand sanitizer would be really useful when you are on the move or are at a place where you will not be able to wash your hands easily. A hand sanitizer doesn’t consume a lot of space and can easily fit into a diaper bag organizer.
- First Aid Kit – Although it is a very necessary item but a diaper bag might not be a good place to store it. However, if you are just going alone with your child for an outdoor activity, just as jogging in the park or going for a long walk, keeping the first aid kit with yourself would be a great idea. If you cannot keep the whole kit, just keep bandages and some anti-septic medicines for your child and yourself.
- Emergency Details – You must always keep emergency contact information with you. Things like a doctor’s number, your family numbers and your emergency numbers must be stored on a speed dial in your phone so that you do not have to spend time to find such information.
- Diaper Bag Organizer – Whenever you want to use a diaper bag to its full potential, you can use a diaper bag organizer to have different sections and pockets in the bad and you can then place things very easily in each section. This keeps the bag organized and helps you find the things of great importance very easily.
I hope this diaper bag checklist gives you a good idea of what to put in a baby diaper bag and from now onwards, you will refer to this checklist for your diaper bag packing needs. Although I have covered this part briefly but if you are looking for more information on how to make a diaper bag, just let me know and I will make sure that I update my website to provide information in detail.
Frequently Asked Questions
I also thought of putting together a list of questions that you might have in your mind while you read my diaper bag reviews. The answers to these questions will help you resolve a particular confusion about some bags which you would otherwise have kept in your mind.
I have bought all my bags online and all of them were bought from Amazon. I think they are a great company and very trustworthy. Before my purchase, I make sure to see all the images of the bags so that I can have an idea how would it look from each angle. I also take a look at the dimensions to have a rough idea of how big the bag actually is and will it be comfortable and stylish for me to carry it around or not. I think having a good idea of the bag before buying it doesn’t surprise you when you see your product at the time of delivery. So far, all of my bags have been exactly the same as they were shown on the website.
There are different bags of different sizes available in the market. If you ask me, I personally like to have a little extra space in the bag to carry other necessary items along when I am on the move. Although a toddler needs a lot of things and that also depend on where you are going but I would recommend you to think of those things first and then buy the bag as per your needs. As I already said, having a little bit of extra space is always handy for women.
The answer to this question can be divided in two parts: cleanliness of the bag from outside and inside. I generally make sure that I am not buying colors which are too light for example I avoid buying pink, white or a cream color bag. Instead, I go for colors like black, dark grey and brown so that they don’t get dirty from outside easily.
As far as the inside of the bag is concerned, I try and make sure I do no put any lose bottles or open food items in my bags ever. It is a very common practice that whenever you are in a hurry, you don’t pack your stuff properly and then it spills at times. I always make sure that I do it properly so that my stuff always remains clean.
Also, I do not put any makeup items in the same bag because first of all, a diaper bag is not meant for this and secondly, I do not want my children to take my makeup items in their hands and then start chewing on them. I believe that just a little care can keep everything clean and hygienic.
Frankly speaking, this completely depends on the deal you are going for. For example, some diaper bags come with a changing station, bottle bag, wipe case, stroller attachments, accessory case etc. but some do not come with any accessory. There is nothing to worry though because if you like a bag and really wish to buy it, these accessories can be bought as extras easily. It is all about the style and comfort remember.
However, on the other hand, if you would like to go for a bag that comes with a lot of accessories, you have a lot of options for that as well.
It is of utmost importance that the straps of the bag from which you hold the bag or put that on your shoulders, last really long. Of course, what is a bag without its straps? It is important to check the durability of the product that you are buying and its reviews online to make sure that whatever you are buying will last really long. In some bags, you also get an extra pair of straps along which is really handy to use when the original straps give up. If you think that your bag will have a very rough use, it would make sense to order a pair of extra straps with it while you are ordering online.
Choosing a correct product depends on various factors. Not every model is made for everyone as some choose style over comfort while some like style, comfort and budget in a single product. Once you have your requirements in mind, look for the bag that fits your criteria and I hope that the diaper bag reviews I have written will help you choose the one from the best diaper bags, which is stylish, comfortable and within your budget.